Happy New Year! It’s kind of hard to believe, isn’t it, that the holidays are over and it’s 2013? I so hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and enjoyed time with family and friends! I sort of feel as though the whole month of December was kind of a blur!!
In case you missed my New Year’s Eve post, I posed a radical re-branding of New Year’s resolutions (read it here) and suggested that we all make a jar or box to fill with slips of paper with our aspirations and dreams for 2013. Well, of course I had to do one, too! I almost, ALMOST, decided not to share mine, because honestly, I did this in such a rush and the writing on my jar is pretty sad! Ok, let’s be honest, it is downright deplorable! (Yes, that’s two colors you see-pink and gold! I didn’t like the pink and tried to go over it with gold!) You know what, though? This is my jar and your jar or box will be YOURS and it’s not about perfection! It’s about the aspirations and dreams we fill it with and most of all, how it will inspire and realign us whenever we may need it in the coming year.
So I hope my imperfect, Aspirations and Dreams jar will inspire you to make one of your own! Just use whatever you have on hand to make your box or jar. I bought these French General embellishments some ago just because I loved them…and I thought they were just right for my jar.
I’m always picking up charms whenever I see them – the Think Big charm seemed just right for me! I made the topper for the lid by gluing together two buttons and a flat-backed pearl. My slips are all ready to fill my jar and I am going to keep it on my nightstand as a reminder of all my hopes, dreams and aspirations for the year. Notice I didn’t put a year on it? That’s so we can re-use it for NEXT year!
Our Plans For 2013!
With December behind us and one month of the blog under our belt, I just want to you to know how much I appreciate that we get to spend a little time together. I am planning all kinds of fun things for us in 2013! Here’s a sneak peak of what we’ll be up to in the coming months:
- We had wedding bells in our family in 2013! Next week kicks off wedding week, with lots of tips, projects and inspiration.
- Let’s celebrate being the best possible us! What’s in My Beauty Bag will launch in 2013! We’ll have an interview with a dermatologist to get the skinny on caring for our beautiful faces! Plus, we’ll share what products we think we should love, lose or try – I definitely want everyone to share their picks, so please let me hear from you!
- Lots of great projects in store for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
- We’ll celebrate Spring in the garden-ready to get your hands dirty?
- All kinds of great projects, recipes and vintage goodies are planned for Emme’s Flashback Friday’s this year. Of course, the invitation to share YOUR flashbacks is a standing one-drop me a note with your flashback ideas!
- Whether you are a veteran crafter-or just getting started-What’s in My Craft Room will be the place for us to share our must-have crafting supplies!
I am totally looking forward to celebrating every moment of the New Year with you! Thank you so much for visiting today!