When I had a message from Krista at Joyful Healthy Eats that she had (generously) nominated me for a Liebster Award, I got all excited! I didn’t even know what it was, but since it’s been like eons since I’ve even heard the word award (Miss Congeniality WAY back in high school) who wouldn’t get excited? I’m honored and thrilled that Krista nominated me! Thank you so much, Krista! From my humble perspective and new, little corner of the techno world, this is an amazing gift and huge blessing.
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and have been in existence for less than 6 months. It’s a wonderful way to connect with and recognize new bloggers. I’m not certain who is the originator of the award, but it’s a fabulous idea.
So the rules are:
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
Here we go!!!
11 Random Facts about Me:
I keep the clock in my bedroom about 84 minutes fast! It makes no sense, because I know it’s fast, but since I never know QUITE what the right time is in the morning, it keeps me motivated to get ready, get things done and get out the door on time!
I am deathly afraid of the water and have never learned to swim. My parents tried in vain to get me to learn, but after getting kicked out of several swimming classes for upsetting the other kids, they gave up!
An adjunct to the above….I FREAK out crossing high bridges. Not because of the height, because of the water below! When we travel to the Eastern Shore over Maryland’s Bay Bridge, I put the seat back and hide my face in a pillow until we have crossed.
I once auditioned to be a QVC show host and for the one season of Martha Stewart: The Apprentice. I wasn’t selected for either one, but the experience was a total blast!
I asked my husband out for our first date.
When I was a child, I traveled to California with my grandparents to visit family in the summers ….on a bus! They were afraid to fly. It wasn’t as bad as it sounds and it was cool to get to see the USA!
90% of my wardrobe is black and white but my favorite colors are pink and green – go figure!
I once knocked the side window off my car going through a McDonald’s drive-through because I was trying to simultaneously do the Macarena with my kids. (Hey, it was a long time ago!)
My most gratifying professional job was in development for an amazing hospice program – the experience was life changing. My favorite job was in public relations and communications for a company that is unfortunately no longer in business.
I would be totally happy with my butt in a beach chair under an umbrella, a book in my lap and listening to the waves.
My grandmother lived to just 6 months shy of her 100th birthday and I am so lucky to have photos of 4 generations of women – my grandmother, mother, daughter and me – and we were all born on a Monday, which always amazes me!
Here are Krista’s Questions for me:
1. If you could have any superhero power, what would it be?
I’d like to invent a new power, where I could fly over the earth with a wand that releases a swirl of magical glitter that erases all bad things, like violence, cancer, hunger, etc. AND gently drops handbags, shoes, fabulous food and craft supplies to all! (Yes, I have an over-active imagination!)
2. If you could be an executive chef at any restaurant which one would it be and why?
I would like to be an executive chef at any Italian restaurant in my city, to provide the same memorable experience to other families as I had growing up on special occasions with my family.
3. What is your favorite book?
This is tough, because I’m big reader! The Five People You Meet In Heaven, by Mitch Albom. It’s a compelling reminder – what am I doing today to make a positive and lasting impact on someone? Who am I allowing to impact me?
4. Favorite snack to eat during a movie?
Popcorn with way too much butter and salt!
5. If you could star in any romantic comedy, which one would it be?
The Holiday…love the story, the characters and the music!
6. Weirdest Idiosyncrasy?
Another tough one…I have a lot of food phobias. No food touching on the plate, no plastic squeeze bottles, it’s a long list!
7. I have the hardest time completing…. (fill in the blank)
Organizing anything! I’m always doing something and making a big, fat mess.
Coolest place you have traveled to?
8. Mexico…and looking forward to expanding this list soon!
9. What is your favorite candle smell?
10. I f you could be in the Olympics which event would you be in?
Either pairs ice skating or rhythmic gymnastics.
11. Strangest food you have ever eaten?
People with food phobias do not eat strange food, sillies!
Here are the blogs I’m nominating. I may have not gotten it totally right with length of time, but I’m WAY happy with my selections! Ladies, you’ve inspired or motivated me in different ways and you are doing an amazing job! Congratulations on your wonderful blogs and award! Now listen, everyone, it would totally make me happy if you would visit each and every one, including Krista!
Krista@ The Happy Housie
Lindsey @ Happy House of 5
Sharon @ Life After Empty Nest
Missy @ Missy Inspired
Krystal @ Sunny Soirees
Holly @ Not Done Growing
Stacey @ Rendition Road
Joanne @ Creative Mess
Ashley @ Sweet Pea Lifestyle
Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes
Summer @ Mallow and Co.
Ladies, here are my questions for you!!
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite musical artist or group?
- If you could be on a reality show, which one would you want to be on?
- What’s been your biggest cooking disaster?
- I would love to learn how to __________? (Fill in the blank)
- What movie has made you laugh the most?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- You can pick another first name for yourself! What would it be?
- What country would you most like to visit that you haven’t yet?
- Other than Christmas (if you celebrate it) what is your favorite holiday?
- What is your very favorite dessert?
This has been so, so much fun and the best part? Talented and wonderful new people to meet and a major spirit lift for me during a rather tough week. It truly doesn’t get much better! Thanks again to Krista, thanks for reading all of this and most of all, have a wonderful day! Make at least one new friend today…..or eleven!