Well hi there, Little Miss Celebration friends – it’s me, Claire! I blog over at A Little Claireification and I am thrilled to step in and post while Cindy is away on a well deserved vacation! I wish I could send some of this Chocolate Pumpkin Zucchini bread to Cindy and to each of you because it is so delicious and it’s a perfect way to ring in the upcoming Fall season.
I mentioned recently on my blog that I am a bit addicted to pumpkin recipes. In fact, last week I made Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake Truffles and this recipe will incorporate that same pumpkin batter with some added goodies!
I have always loved a piece of warm zucchini bread with a little bit of butter. Yum! With the addition of the pumpkin and the chocolate I am pretty sure no butter is needed – it is so moist and perfectly chocolately.
You can see the batter is full of chocolate chips and the shredded zucchini.
And then a couple minutes after it comes out of the oven, another sprinkling of chocolate chips over the top. They set in and keep their shape as they cool. Unless you accidentally smoosh a few like I did. 😉
This is fantastic served warm with a glass of cold milk or with your morning cup of coffee.
Delicious and it helps fulfill both the chocolate AND pumpkin cravings that I start having at this time every year! Once completely cooled, the loaf will remove more easily from the pan, and it can also be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap then foil and frozen for up to three months if you want to get a head start on that holiday baking!
I hope you will pop over to A Little Claireification and visit me soon! The recipe is below and you can see a little more of what I have been up to HERE:
Thanks so much for having me over today Cindy and I hope you are having a wonderful vacation too!
Recipe: Chocolate Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can (7.5 ounces) pumpkin puree (seal & refrigerate the rest for pumpkin truffles!)
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and Pumpkin Spice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix both white and brown sugars, butter, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix again until smooth.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake until top springs back to the touch, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes.
- After cooling for a couple of minutes, evenly spread the last 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the top and let cool a bit more so they set before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45-55 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
This looks seriously delicious, doesn’t it?? I know a certain special girl in my life who will totally love this! Thank you SO much to my dear friend, Claire, for so generously taking time out of her busy schedule to share her fabulous recipe with us today. Please visit Claire – you’ll be inspired by all of her great ideas and recipes, plus trust me, there will always be smiles and laughter!
Thank you so much for visiting today and sending each you a little ray of sunshine from the beach! 🙂