This was such a quick, easy and fun holiday project that I posted last year when the blog was just (barely!) crawling that I wanted to share it again. Every year, I try to make a special package topper for my gifts. Everybody seemed to love these last year – not only did they get a pretty package, they also got a great little ornament. You know I love when something can do more than one thing! These Easy Wreath Gift Box Toppers are also a great project to do with the little ones or with friends. Get an assembly line going and you can turn out a ton of these, fast!
Wow, did I have a major league OMG moment when I looked back at some of my earlier posts! I knew I had long, long way to go with my photography, but I never knew quite HOW long! From the looks of those early days, I think I’m making a little progress. I tried to make these “early day” photos look a little better!
Here’s what we need for one wreath package topper:
- Wooden or plastic ring (mine measures 3”) – You could use shower curtain rings!
- Pine stems
- Red Chenille Pipe Cleaners (or your color choice)
- Red ¾” Satin Ribbon (or your color)
- Red Braid Cord (or your color)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Stocks
Wrap the pine stems around the ring. Since they’re wired, you don’t have to glue or anything! Just keep wrapping stems until the entire ring is covered. My wooden ring is a little on the chubby side and took 6 pine stems to cover.
Roll your red chenille stem from one end in a tight circle 4 or 5 times until you have a little chenille flower. Trim and tuck the end under if needed. I used 5 chenille flowers – three were rolled 5 times and two were trimmed in length and rolled 3 times, to vary the flower sizes.
Make a simple bow from your red ribbon. Hot glue the chenille flowers around the wreath, leaving room at the top for the bow. Cut a fairly long piece of cord (or ribbon) – you’ll use this to tie the wreath to a package – and tie around the top center of the wreath.
Hot glue your bow to the center top of the wreath – and you’re done! Here are some other things you can do with these cute little wreath toppers:
- Tie one on a gift bag.
- Knot off the cord and hang it on the tree.
- Glue it to the top of a plain white cookie box and fill with treats.
- Tie it around a glass jar filled with goodies. (I did this last year and it looked great!)
- Switch out the cord for clear fishing line and suspend them from the ceiling or a window.
- Put one in clear gift bag with some candy, add a pretty bow and a jingle bell and give it as an ornament gift!
These are definitely quick, easy, fun, and cute! Make them and you’ll have package toppers, ornaments, little gifts – or all three!
Thank you so much for visiting and hope you have a happy Friday! Come kick off the weekend with us tonight at the Best of the Weekend party at 8:00 p.m. EDT!