Cheese & Tomato Caesar Squares are a fast and oh-so-simple meal or snack for the cheese and pizza lovers! A buttery crust of crescent rolls is topped with gooey mozzarella cheese, parmesan and colorful cherry tomato slices, all sauced up with Caesar salad dressing!
Aren’t there are so many times that you need a really quick meal or snack for your family? Hubby and I have both been so busy at work since the start of the year. There have been a lot of nights where we’re both just too exhausted to think, much less cook. Plus, we do meatless Fridays throughout Lent. Instead of reaching for the telephone to order take-out pizza, these cheese & tomato Caesar squares go together in a flash and are a fun change-up from traditional pizza. Instead of tomato, saucing these up with Caesar salad dressing!
I love these Mucci cherry tomatoes from at Target. All of the different colors – from red, orange, lime green to a purple-red – each have a different flavor and even a different texture.
There is always Caesar salad dressing in our refrigerator! We love Ken’s Tableside Caesar though your favorite dressing will work perfectly. In addition to lots of salads, I love to use dressing on vegetables and as a marinade for chicken, so I thought why not use it for pizza-type dish, too?
The buttery, crescent crust pairs nicely with the gooey, cheese and the sliced tomatoes add bright pops of color and flavor to these squares. There was NO question it was a big hit – by the time I came back to the table from taking photos, two-thirds of the squares were gone and Mr. Smarty Pants staked his claim for the rest as lunch for the next day. Try this the next time you need something fast and totally tasty – it just might turn out to be a big hit at your house!
Do you have a favorite go-to dish when cooking is the last thing you feel like doing?
- Two cans of Pillsbury® Crescents
- ¾ cup of Caesar Salad Dressing (I used Ken’s Tableside Caesar)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8-10 slice cherry tomatoes – I used Mucci multi-colored tomatoes from Target
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with Pam Olive Oil or other spray.
- Open both cans of crescents; lay dough out side-by-side on baking sheet.
- Gently press sheets of dough together; roll up edge slightly.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush entire surface of dough with Caesar salad dressing.
- Sprinkle mozzarella & about half of the parmesan cheese over salad dressing.
- Place sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic salt.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 17-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into square and enjoy!
Sharing at these parties!
Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family Moonlight & Mason Jars at Five Heart Home Project Parade at This Silly Girl’s Life Think and Make Thursday at Kenarry Ideas for the Home Thursday Favorite Things at Katherine’s Corner Wildly Original Link Party at I Gotta Create! Inspiration Party at live laugh rowe Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends at Love Bakes Good Cakes Creativity Unleashed at shaken together Creative Collection Link Party at Blooming Homestead Link Party Palooza at i heart naptime