Hi everyone, I’m Cindy and so happy to welcome you to Little Miss Celebration!
Just about three years ago, I started this blog as a little creative outlet; a place to share my love of sparkle, sweets and the celebrations of life, and most of all, make some new friends. Every single day I make lots of mistake, learn something new and laugh – at myself, of course! This thing called blogging is a wild & crazy ride! I’m not sure what my expectations were when I started, but I’m pretty certain the experience has far, far exceeded them.
The name for the blog actually came from my daughter! I’m pretty crazy about Christmas – and even named my Christmas Pinterest board accordingly! – and my kids always called me Little Miss Christmas. Ok, honestly, I tend to go just the tiniest bit overboard for just about every celebration or holiday, so Little Miss Celebration really did seem just about right!
My family and especially my grandfather, inspired my love of creating from a young age. You can read a little bit more about that and my Pop-Pop in my very first blog post here!
Things I love…..
- My husband of nearly 33 years and best friend, aka Mr. Smarty Pants, who is the absolute best! He is amazingly supportive, even when he goes off to work with glitter on his clothes!
- My son and daughter – talk about exceeding expectations!
- Glitter and sparkle – you’ll see a lot of that around here.
- Reading – when I’m not working, baking, creating or writing, my nose is in a book.
- The beach!
- Trying new things.
- My family.
- Crafting, scrapbooking and just about anything creative.
- Old movies and all music.
- Vintage recipes…I’ve got quite a collection!
- Dance and the theatre.
- Collecting things – vintage postcards, Barbies, china – the list is kind of long!
- Meeting new people.
- Making a difference.
A few years ago, I had so much fun when I asked was asked to participate in a tour about the blog writing process. It’s a peek into my chaotic, disorganized blogging life that you can read here!
Here are a few of my favorite projects and recipes!
A big shout-out of appreciation to Cami from TC Designs and the blogger behind The Crafting Nook for her wonderful work on the new logo and blog design. Cami, I love it! I also have to thank Amy Lynn Andrews – if it wasn’t for her site filled with blogging tips and guidance, I never would have taken that first step into the world of blogging.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for your friendship and support!
Contact me anytime at cindy(at)littlemisscelebration(dot)com.